For us, it all starts with relationships. At Medicina Urbana we focus on removing barriers to wellbeing and enabling people’s innate ability to heal. At Featherstone Moments, our mission is to share the stories of people making a difference in their communities. At Medicina Urbana and Featherstone Moments, we share many of the same values. … Continue reading JOB POSTING: Medical Receptionist // Operations Coordinator with Medicina Urbana & Featherstone Moments (Bilingual in Spanish + English)
For us, it all starts with relationships. At Medicina Urbana we focus on removing barriers to wellbeing and enabling people’s innate ability to heal. At Featherstone Moments, our mission is to share the stories of people making a difference in their communities. At Medicina Urbana and Featherstone Moments, we share many of the same values. We believe in the power of peoples’ minds and their stories.
We believe in relationships so much that our companies are seeking to hire someone to perform administrative tasks for both companies. The person would be individually hired by each company and gain unique experiences related to the respective businesses while simultaneously performing similar tasks for each.
Medicina Urbana is seeking a Bilingual Medical Receptionist (Spanish + English) to work closely with Dr. Beard and his team in front desk and social media support. This position allows for an opportunity to be an advocate for patients and help the Southwest Detroit community. Given that our front desk person is typically the first and last human seen at our office and has lots of contact with those we serve, the person selected for this position needs to be a positive force at the office for patients, especially those facing difficult medical situations.
Responsibilities at Medicina Urbana will include:
- online content generation and semiweekly posting
- promotion of the clinic in our community
- checking in/out patients
- scheduling appointments
- verifying insurance eligibility
- processing referrals
- taking messages
- notifying medical staff of patient issues in a timely fashion
- requesting and accepting payments (i.e, copays and deductibles)
- making payment arrangements when needed
- helping patients navigate our extremely complicated medical system in Spanish and English
Featherstone Moments is seeking a Bilingual Operations Coordinator (Spanish + English) to support the team’s growing relationships with clients in the Detroit area and regionally.
Responsibilities at Featherstone Moments will include:
- support with project/task management
- management of QuickBooks and corresponding tools
- coordinate various meetings, special projects, and travel
- facilitate administrative needs of team members
- ability to speak and write Spanish and English – these are required skills
- strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- keen attention to detail
- familiar with social media
- commitment to customer service
- outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- analytical and multitasking skills
- deep dedication to collaboration
- a genuine interest in supporting the community
- strong technical skills; proficiency with Gmail, Google Drive, Microsoft Office Suite; ability to learn and use new systems as required
Note Regarding Training
The EMR system utilized by Medicina Urbana will be taught in-house and outside of normal work hours through training videos/live tutorials. You will be trained to help admit patients, check vital signs, draw blood, and complete other Medical Assistant tasks. Basic Life Support (BLS) training opportunity will be provided but paid for by the employees.
Most of the time (approximately 32 hours a week) will be at Medicina Urbana in Southwest Detroit with the remaining time working with Featherstone Moments at their coworking location at TechTown Detroit (or remotely). This position is meant for someone who is willing to be flexible and adapt to the varying needs of two growing organizations.
The position offers health insurance (after 3 months of consecutive employment), 7 paid holidays (including Martin Luther King, Jr. Day).
Hours + Pay: part-time, $18.35/hour (We hope you’ll grow with us!)
To apply: Please send an email telling us why you’re interested in the job along with your resume to Juan Carlos Dueweke-Perez (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr. Mark Beard (email@example.com).
More about the companies:
Medicina Urbana promotes the body’s natural tendency towards self-healing through modern, holistic primary health care. It offers both the best of standard medical care and osteopathic techniques to the Southwest Detroit community. As an Osteopathic Physician, Dr. Mark Beard diagnoses and treats patients with his hands, helping to resolve muscle and joint pain. This helps promote healing and improve overall mobility.
Featherstone Moments is a boutique marketing agency located in Detroit, MI, dedicated to creating awesome digital experiences. It is ready to say hello (in multiple languages).
Values: Equity. Relationships. Stories. Integrity. Culture.
Above all, we seek equity in all that we do. We see equity as a driving force in creating radical change in today’s world. We know that relationships, stories, integrity, and culture are all vital to building a better tomorrow for our clients and their communities.